Dr.-Ing. Bertram Skibinski
|Post-Doc and Team Leader of Research Group „Membrane Filtration“ at the Chair of Urban Water Systems Engineering, TU München|
|since 2015||Research Assistant, Chair of Process Engineering in Hydro Sciences, TU Dresden, Prof. A. Lerch|
|2017||Doctorate (Dr.-Ing.), TU Dresden|
|2013-2018||Project manager at the European Project Center, TU Dresden|
|2009-2013||Research Associate, Chair of Water Supply, TU Dresden|
|2009||Diplom (Dipl.-Ing.), TU Dresden|
|2003-2009||Study of Urban and Industrial Water Management, TU Dresden|
Fields of Research
- Use of high pressure membrane processes (nanofiltration, reverse osmosis) for water reclamation and reuse
- Membrane hybrid processes, in particular those combining a membrane process with UV radiation
- Characterization of membrane fouling
- Impact of oxidative processes, in particular UV radiation, on adhesive properties of microorganisms
- Heterogeneous catalysis (Removal of chloramines in fixed-bed activated carbon filters)
Publications (peer-reviewed, selection)
- Skibinski, B., Götze, C., Worch, E., Uhl, W., Pore diffusion limits removal of monochloramine in treatment of swimming pool water using granular activated carbon, Wat. Res. 132(2018), 270-281.
- Skibinski, B., Müller, P., Uhl, W., Rejection of submicron sized particles from swimming pool water by a monolithic SiC microfiltration membrane: Relevance of steric and electro-static interactions, J. Mem. Sci., 499(2016), 92-144.
Conference Contribution (Poster, Selection)
- Skibinski, B., Bodner, E., Klesse, L., Hua, P., Siebdrath, N., Zoschke, K., Solar UV pre-treatment for biofouling control in desalination processes with thin film composite membranes, 3rd International Conference on Desalination using Membrane Technology (2017), Las Palmas.
- Skibinski, B., Worch, E., Uhl, W., Criteria to choose activated carbon that converts monochloramine to molecular nitrogen, 7th International Conference Swimming Pool & Spa (2017), Kos Island.
- Slavik, I., Skibinski, B., Hua, P., Uhl, W., Contribution of NOM to DBP formation in swimming pool water under consideration of different treatment processes, 6th Specialist Conference on Natural Organic Matter in Drinking Water (2015), Malmö.
- Skibinski, B., Mueller, P., Uhlig, S., Uhl, W., Fractionation of NOM in swimming pool water: THM and NCl3 formation kinetics, 5th International Conference Swimming Pool & Spa (2013), Rome.